Chicken legs – 1 lb
Corn-starch – 1//2 cup
Eggs – 2
Salt – to taste
Pepper – to taste
Olive oil – enough for deep frying
Orange juice – ½ cup
Orange zest (top layer of an orange’s peel)– from 1 large orange
Corn-starch / flour – 1 tsp
Sesame oil – 1 ½ tbsp
Spring Onion– 4, cut into thin slices, green and white separated
Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Cider vinegar – 1 tbsp
Light brown sugar – 2 ½ tbsp
1. Crack eggs into a bowl. Mix in salt and pepper and beat until the mixture is well combined.
2. Dip chicken legs into the egg mixture and then roll in the corn-starch (or flour). And then arrange those on a plate.
3. Heat olive oil (or another other preferred oil) in a deep frying pan kept on medium to high heat.
4. Add chicken pieces and deep fry until golden brown.
5. Using a slotted/ perforated spoon, remove the fried chicken legs and transfer to a kitchen towels to drain the excess oil.
6. Meanwhile, whisk orange juice and zest with corn-starch.
7. Place a fry-pan on medium to high flame and heat the sesame oil.
8. Add chopped spring onions and cook until tender.
9. Mix in vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce and cook until the sugar completely dissolves.
10. Add orange juice mixture and boil for 10 seconds.
11. Turn off the heat.
12. Arrange the fried chicken strips in a large mixing bowl, pour the orange juice mixture over the chicken, and toss to coat.
13. Garnish with green spring onions and serve hot.