350gm Skinless Chicken Thighs
1 Cup Chopped Onion
2 Tbsp oil
5 Slices Ginger
3 Garlic Cloves
1 Tbsp/ 2Tbsp Chicken Curry Powder (According to your heat preference)
1/2 can Chopped Tomato
200ml Boiled Water
1) Clean the chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces with or without the bones in place.
2) Heat a nonstick, deep pan and warm the oil.
3) Saute the onions until golden brown.
4) Add ginger and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5) Add the curry powder. (Try to buy specific Chicken Curry Powder because the proportion of the spices will be different in each. I prefer Melam Chicken Curry Powder.)
6) Add a few Tbsp of water to the mixture and bring the heat to very low or your paste will burn.
7) Cook until the oil in the mixture start to show through the mixture.
8) Add the chicken pieces and tomatoes and stir.
9) Put a lid over it and let it cook for 5 minutes.
10) Stir the chicken again and add half of the water and simmer it until the oil shows above the curry.
11) Add salt to taste and it’s ready to serve.