Potato & Stuffing:
- 4 large potatoes
- ½ lb medium shrimp, peeled & deveined, leaving tail on (save shells for stock)
- ½ cup crawfish tail meat (order crawfish here)
- 8oz Italian 6 cheese blend, shredded
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- olive oil
- Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, to taste
- Rub baked potatoes lightly with olive oil and season with salt if desired. Wrap each potato with aluminum foil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees F. until the potato is tender to the touch and you can stick a toothpick through it with no problem. This should take about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Remove potatoes from oven and let sit for 30 minutes before removing the foil.
- Peel shrimp, leaving tail on, and place in a small bowl, set shells aside for stock. Season shrimp to taste with Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, add 4 cups of water and shrimp shells into a medium sized pot over medium heat and allow the stock to simmer until you have reduced the liquid by half. Set aside. Note: For more flavor in your stock, you can add a chicken bouillon cube or 2 teaspoons of Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning.
- In a medium size skillet over medium-high heat, add cooking oil. Heat oil until hot, add shrimp and sauté until pink all the way through. About 2 to 3 minutes on each side, making sure you are turning the shrimp so it cooks evenly on all sides. When done set aside in a bowl and let cool for easy handling.
- Slice the potato along the middle; be sure not to cut in half. Using a spoon create a pocked in the potato. Add about 4 to 5 crawfish to each potato and divide the shrimp amongst potatoes, leaving the tail of the shrimp hanging out. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and set aside.
Sherry Cream Sauce
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- ¼ cup brandy, flambéed (ignite) is optional
- 2 cups sherry wine
- 1 cup shrimp stock
- ¼ cup crawfish juice, drained from crawfish packaging
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup crawfish tail meat
- ½ cup green onions, sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter, garlic and shallots. Sautee lightly for about 2 minutes; add brandy and flambé (ignite), stirring constantly. Add the wine, shrimp stock and crawfish juice and reduce by half. Add heavy whipping cream and continue cooking. When the sauce is at a smooth consistency, stir in remaining butter and mix well. Add remaining Crawfish tail meat and cook for another 2 minutes. (The sauce should have the consistency of Alfredo Sauce.)
Hint: If sauce is too thick, thin it out with a little chicken broth. If sauce is too runny, thicken it by adding more heavy whipping cream until the desired consistency is reached.
- Spoon some of the sauce over each potato then top with the cheese.
- Bake the potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
Divide the sauce amongst 4 plates, spooning it directly onto the middle of the plate. Add the baked potato to the center of the plate then spoon a generous amount of sauce over each potato and garnish with the green onions. Enjoy!