Skip to content
1/4 cup cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tbsp black peppercorns (kalimirch)
1/4 cup dried mango powder (amchur)
2 tbsp black salt (saindhab)
1 1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- Put the cumin seeds in a broad non-stick pan and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 minute. Transfer them on a plate and keep aside to cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine the roasted cumin seeds and black peppercorns in a small jar of a mixer and blend to a smooth and fine powder.
- Sieve the powder using a sieve and discard the little coarse mixture left behind in the sieve.
- Add the dried mango powder, black salt, salt and asafoetida and mix well using your fingertips for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Store refrigerated or at room temperature in an air-tight container.