1 large unpeeled carrot
2 celery stalks
1 medium onion
A handful of parsley with stalks
sea salt or table salt
*vegetables and herbs
**(You can add other vegetables and herbs: garlic, tomato, leek, basil, sage, etc.)
- Wash, pat dry and finely chop all your vegetables and herbs.
- Weigh them and put them in a medium pan.
- Add salt. The salt is equal to 20% of the weight of your vegetables. For example: my vegetables weighed 455 grams (16.4 ounces) therefore I put 91 grams (3.2 ounces) of salt.
- Cook over low heat for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- At first you will see lots of water coming out from the vegetables. Wait until the water is completely reabsorbed.
- Spread the mixture on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- and bake at 150 degrees C (300 degrees F) , until it’s dry and slightly crispy (about 1 hour 15 minutes). Don’t forget to stir from time to time.
- Once the vegetables are cool, put them in a food processor and blitz until you get a crumbled powder.
- Store the homemade vegetable stock powder for up to 3 months in an airtight glass jar, away from light or moisture.
- Use 1 teaspoon for 1 liter (4 cups) of water.