200 gms paneer
1 tbsp tandoori mayonnaise
1 finely chopped onion
1 finely chopped tomato
1 finely chopped green chillies
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 pinch asafoetida
salt to taste
freshly chopped coriander
1 cup whole wheat flour
salt to taste
water as required for kneading
classic mayonnaise as needed
- Cut the paneer into cubes. Keep aside.
- In a non-stickpan heat oil. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add green chilli and onion and saute for a minute.
- Now add tomato and saute until tomatoes turn soft and are cooked.
- Add the paneer cubes and mix once.
- Now add salt, tandoori mayonnaise, coriander and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook for a minute, then switch off the flame..
For the roti:
- In a deep bowl combine whole wheat flour, salt and oil and knead using enough water to make a medium soft dough. Cover with a lid and keep it aside to rest for 15 minutes.
- Now take the dough, knead once again and make small balls.
- Take one ball and roll out into a thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), place the rolled roti on it and allow it to cook. Flip the roti and cook, drizzle some oil and again flip it to other side and again drizzle little oil. Once cooked from both the sides, transfer it to a plate.
- Place the the roti on a plate. Place the 1 or 2 lettuce leaves on the roti. Top it with some paneer filling.
- Spread some classic mayonnaise over it and roll the roti tightly.
- Serve immediately.